Orange County News
1 arrested in OC electronics store robbery
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- One of the two men suspected of attacking an electronics store owner in Santa Ana is now in custody.
Police said a tip from an anonymous citizen lead them to the suspect, 28-year old Salvador Campos. He now faces multiple charges, including attempted murder, robbery, assault with a firearm and various other weapons related crimes.
On Feb. 15, detectives spotted Campos driving near his home in Costa Mesa. They arrested Campos and located a .40 caliber Glock pistol in the vehicle.
Campos is believed to be the armed man seen in surveillance video of the store robbery on January 19. He's accused of hitting the store owner with a gun, then taking off with $800 in cash.
The search continues for his suspected accomplice, who was seen in a 2006 Chevy Silverado truck. The suspect was described as a Hispanic male, heavy set, wearing a white T-shirt and a black baseball cap.
Anyone with information was urged to call Santa Ana police at (714) 245-8422.
robbery, caught on tape, orange county news, eileen frere
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured 14 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent 14 min ago
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 20 min ago
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
5 min ago