Orange County News
Garden Grove police seize 186 illegal gambling machines
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- Garden Grove police seized close to 200 illegal gambling machines.
More than 110 officers fanned out Tuesday night in Garden Grove and Westminster to nab the machines from bars, coffee houses and pool halls.
They seized 186 machines and more than $145,000 in cash and arrested 23 people.
The devices appear to offer legal video games, but customers can switch them over to casino-style gambling.
Police said they are concerned about the games because they attract criminals to the area.
gambling, orange county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 43 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 15 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 6 min ago
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
18 min ago