Orange County News
Search on for third suspect in OC hate crime
COTO DE CAZA, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is under way for a third suspect wanted in a robbery and hate crime in Orange County's upscale Coto De Caza community.
The victim recognized one of the attackers, which led to the arrests of 19-year-olds Matthew Branstetter and Nolan Wickham from Rancho Santa Margarita.
Authorities said the two men, along with a third suspect, attacked and robbed a 23-year-old man at the Youth Park near Via Pajaro and Vista Del Verde on Wednesday night.
Investigators said the attackers beat the victim while yelling anti-Semitic slurs.
They also allegedly scrawled swastikas, with various curse words and the phrase "white power."
The victim underwent several hours of surgery, but is expected to recover.
hate crime, arrest, orange county news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 23 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 29 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls 5 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 29 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book