Orange County News
Search on for third suspect in OC hate crime
COTO DE CAZA, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is under way for a third suspect wanted in a robbery and hate crime in Orange County's upscale Coto De Caza community.
The victim recognized one of the attackers, which led to the arrests of 19-year-olds Matthew Branstetter and Nolan Wickham from Rancho Santa Margarita.
Authorities said the two men, along with a third suspect, attacked and robbed a 23-year-old man at the Youth Park near Via Pajaro and Vista Del Verde on Wednesday night.
Investigators said the attackers beat the victim while yelling anti-Semitic slurs.
They also allegedly scrawled swastikas, with various curse words and the phrase "white power."
The victim underwent several hours of surgery, but is expected to recover.
hate crime, arrest, orange county news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay 3 min ago
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10