Orange County News
Anaheim mayor in talks to move Sacramento Kings
NEW YORK CITY (KABC) -- The mayor of Anaheim plans to be in New York City Wednesday throwing his support for the Sacramento Kings moving to Anaheim.
Mayor Tom Tait is expected to answer questions from the NBA Board of Governors, which is meeting Wednesday and Friday. The Kings owners will also be there to present their case for the move.
They have until Monday to file an application to move. Meantime, the leader of the state senate has introduced a bill requiring the owners of the Kings to repay a $77 million loan to the city of Sacramento before they can move the team to Anaheim.
sacramento kings, orange county news
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians