Orange County News
Elderly man killed, teen wounded in North Tustin shooting
NORTH TUSTIN, Calif. (KABC) -- An elderly man was shot dead and a teenage boy was critically wounded Sunday during what appears to have been a domestic disturbance at a home in an unincorporated area in Orange County, authorities said. Investigators detained a woman who lives at the home for questioning.
Officials with the Orange County Sheriff's Department said gunfire erupted just before 4:30 p.m. at a house in the 18000 block of Manning Avenue in North Tustin.
There was also a 9-year-old boy in the residence, but he ran out and was not harmed, they said.
The 73-year-old man was pronounced dead at a hospital and the 16-year-old boy was in critical condition at Western Medical Center in Santa Ana.
Authorities said the woman was hospitalized with an undisclosed injury.
The Associated Press and City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, arrest, orange county news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 44 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap 14 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
59 min ago