Orange County News
Elderly man killed, teen wounded in North Tustin shooting
NORTH TUSTIN, Calif. (KABC) -- An elderly man was shot dead and a teenage boy was critically wounded Sunday during what appears to have been a domestic disturbance at a home in an unincorporated area in Orange County, authorities said. Investigators detained a woman who lives at the home for questioning.
Officials with the Orange County Sheriff's Department said gunfire erupted just before 4:30 p.m. at a house in the 18000 block of Manning Avenue in North Tustin.
There was also a 9-year-old boy in the residence, but he ran out and was not harmed, they said.
The 73-year-old man was pronounced dead at a hospital and the 16-year-old boy was in critical condition at Western Medical Center in Santa Ana.
Authorities said the woman was hospitalized with an undisclosed injury.
The Associated Press and City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, arrest, orange county news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 4 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- VC suspicious death investigation underway 44 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis