Orange County News
Tustin woman to be arraigned for Mother's Day shooting of husband, son
TUSTIN, Calif. (KABC) -- A Tustin woman was set to be arraigned Wednesday, accused of killing her husband and wounding her teenage son in a Mothers' Day shooting.
Annamaria Gana, 41, is charged with murder and attempted murder.
Prosecutors said she fired into the ceiling of her Tustin home. When her 72-year-old husband and 16-year-old son ran in to see what happened, she opened fire on them.
Her husband, who was hit in the chest, died. Her son, who was hit in the arm, ran out and dialed 911.
Her 9-year-old son managed to get the gun away from his mom and get out of the house.
mother's day, shooting, orange county news
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate