Orange County News
Pedestrian on tracks killed by freight train
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A pedestrian was struck and killed by a train while walking on railroad tracks near the Fullerton station Wednesday.
Fullerton Police responded to a report of a pedestrian struck by a train just before 5 a.m.
A white male in his late 20s was struck just east of the station. A BNSF freight train traveling eastbound at about 50 mph struck the man.
Police believe the man was a local transient. His identity was not released pending notification of next of kin.
Police said train service was continuing in both directions.
train accident, orange county news
- Covina shooting: 3 injured, including minor 15 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 41 min ago
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies 53 min ago
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Banksy's 'Flower Girl' auctioned off at $209K 34 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)