Orange County News
OC performers continue show despite fire-ravaged theater
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- Despite a major fire, a determined theatre group in Garden Grove stuck to the adage, "the show must go on."
The group went ahead with its grand opening of the musical "Chicago" at the Village Green Amphitheatre Saturday night.
Opening night was supposed to take place at the historic Gem Theatre on Main Street, but this past Monday, fire tore through the interior of the building and destroyed expensive costumes and sets.
Ever since then, theatre members and supporters have been scrambling to stitch together new costumes and get the production ready for opening night.
"Chicago" was scheduled to run through June 26.
Organizers are hoping to move the production back to the Gem Theatre as soon as it's cleaned up.
theater news, fire, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 5 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Malibu whales caught on drone camera
40 min ago