Orange County News
Laguna police have chemical attack suspect
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A dispute between neighbors may be to blame for a chemical attack that forced the evacuation of a Laguna Beach apartment building and neighboring homes.
Police say they have identified a man they believe threw a rock and butyric acid, a toxic chemical, into a home on Friday, according to the Orange County Register.
Police have talked to the man and they're reviewing evidence in the case.
The incident occurred early Friday morning when a woman called police, reporting that a man threw a rock through the window of her Cypress Drive home.
Investigators found the rock and a jar of a toxic chemical that sickened the residents.
Police say the suspect and the residents know each other.
suspicious object, orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 29 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster 2 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 57 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 22 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Vigils held for 2 NorCal bus crash victims
6 min ago