Orange County News
Slain OC soldier arrives in Los Alamitos
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. (KABC) -- The body of an Orange County man killed in Iraq has returned home.
Army Specialist Christopher Fishbeck was killed in Baghdad along with four others in his unit on June 6.
The 24-year-old was on his first deployment to Iraq. He had been there since last fall and was set to leave Iraq in November.
Fishbeck leaves behind a wife he married in March. Friends say they will remember Fishbeck for his giving nature and sense of humor.
A memorial service is scheduled for Monday.
iraq war, orange county news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 24 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom 29 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)