Orange County News
Husband's penis cut off after argument?
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (KABC) -- Prosecutors say an argument over house guests may have led a Garden Grove woman to cut off her estranged husband's penis.
Catherine Kieu Becker, 48, made her initial court appearance in the afternoon, but she did not enter a plea. She appeared briefly in Orange County Superior Court in a navy blue jail jumpsuit, hiding her face with her long, dark hair.
"It's hard to believe what would motivate a person to do this sort of thing," the district attorney's chief of staff, Susan Kang Schroeder, said outside court. "It's one of the worst things you could do to a person short of killing him."
She was appointed a public attorney to defend her and was denied bail. Arraignment was rescheduled for July 22.
Becker was charged with one felony count of torture, one felony count of aggravated mayhem and sentencing enhancements for great bodily injury and personal use of a knife. She is scheduled to undergo psychological evaluation.
The victim is said to be in good condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
arrest, unbelievable, orange county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 38 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 1 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 8 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 13 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...