Orange County News
Husband's penis cut off after argument?
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (KABC) -- Prosecutors say an argument over house guests may have led a Garden Grove woman to cut off her estranged husband's penis.
Catherine Kieu Becker, 48, made her initial court appearance in the afternoon, but she did not enter a plea. She appeared briefly in Orange County Superior Court in a navy blue jail jumpsuit, hiding her face with her long, dark hair.
"It's hard to believe what would motivate a person to do this sort of thing," the district attorney's chief of staff, Susan Kang Schroeder, said outside court. "It's one of the worst things you could do to a person short of killing him."
She was appointed a public attorney to defend her and was denied bail. Arraignment was rescheduled for July 22.
Becker was charged with one felony count of torture, one felony count of aggravated mayhem and sentencing enhancements for great bodily injury and personal use of a knife. She is scheduled to undergo psychological evaluation.
The victim is said to be in good condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
arrest, unbelievable, orange county news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut