Orange County News
Husband's penis cut off after argument?
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (KABC) -- Prosecutors say an argument over house guests may have led a Garden Grove woman to cut off her estranged husband's penis.
Catherine Kieu Becker, 48, made her initial court appearance in the afternoon, but she did not enter a plea. She appeared briefly in Orange County Superior Court in a navy blue jail jumpsuit, hiding her face with her long, dark hair.
"It's hard to believe what would motivate a person to do this sort of thing," the district attorney's chief of staff, Susan Kang Schroeder, said outside court. "It's one of the worst things you could do to a person short of killing him."
She was appointed a public attorney to defend her and was denied bail. Arraignment was rescheduled for July 22.
Becker was charged with one felony count of torture, one felony count of aggravated mayhem and sentencing enhancements for great bodily injury and personal use of a knife. She is scheduled to undergo psychological evaluation.
The victim is said to be in good condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
arrest, unbelievable, orange county news
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 29 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous' 23 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 7 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood 20 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Kettlebells can help burn calories fast
8 min ago