Orange County News
Angel Stadium workers vote to authorize strike
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Workers at Angel Stadium could go on strike at any time after voting overwhelmingly to authorize a strike on Thursday.
The union says it's in response to the stadium owner's attempts to freeze wages.
Workers say Angel Stadium pays its workers the lowest wages of any of the major stadiums in California, despite having the fifth highest attendance in Major League Baseball.
The strike would affect janitors, ticket sellers, ticket takers and ushers at the stadium.
strike, los angeles angels of anaheim, orange county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 13 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street 35 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere