Orange County News
FBI investigating Fullerton police beating
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- The FBI is joining the investigation in the case of a homeless man who died following a struggle with Fullerton police.
Officers confronted 37-year-old Kelly Thomas July 5 after getting reports of a man burglarizing cars. They said Thomas became combative.
Witnesses said Thomas was struck with a flashlight and shot with a Taser.
Thomas, who was schizophrenic, was hospitalized with severe head and neck injuries and died several days later.
It's still unclear what force was used on him.
Orange County Supervisor Shawn Nelson asked the Department of Justice to investigate.
If you have any information regarding this case, you're urged to call the Orange County district attorney's office at (714) 347-8813.
arrest, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis