Orange County News
Crystal Cathedral attends bankruptcy hearing
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A bankruptcy hearing was scheduled for the financially troubled mega church Crystal Cathedral on Monday.
Church leaders planned on asking the court for permission to collect donations to get out of bankruptcy.
They announced on Sunday that Crystal Cathedral ministries will try to raise money to pay the church's $36 million mortgage and $10 million debt.
They had been considering four offers to buy the cathedral, including one from the Roman Catholic Diocese.
finance, orange county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 23 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student 31 min ago
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi 8 min ago
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 18 min ago
- Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: Benedict Cumberbatch recites R. Kelly lyrics