Orange County News
Crystal Cathedral attends bankruptcy hearing
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A bankruptcy hearing was scheduled for the financially troubled mega church Crystal Cathedral on Monday.
Church leaders planned on asking the court for permission to collect donations to get out of bankruptcy.
They announced on Sunday that Crystal Cathedral ministries will try to raise money to pay the church's $36 million mortgage and $10 million debt.
They had been considering four offers to buy the cathedral, including one from the Roman Catholic Diocese.
finance, orange county news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 39 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments