Orange County News
1 arrested in Garden Grove gang shooting
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- Garden Grove police officers arrested 21-year-old Orange resident Ivan Castellanos for murder on Monday.
Castellanos is suspected of shooting two men in Garden Grove Saturday at about 4:50 p.m.
Costa Mesa resident Tyler Sanchez, 22, and Garden Grove resident Mauricio Marin, 24, were found suffering gunshot wounds at the intersection of Janet Street and Lampson Avenue.
Garden Grove officers arriving at the scene found a person wearing latex gloves attending to the victims, but police did not get a statement before the person departed. That person was urged to contact the Garden Grove Police Dept. at (714) 741-5800.
Sanchez was pronounced dead at UCI Medical Center. Marin remained hospitalized Tuesday in critical condition.
Police believe the shooting was gang-related.
The investigation led police to stop Ivan Castellanos in a vehicle, according to the department, at 2 p.m. Monday. He was arrested and booked at the Orange County Jail on a murder charge after being interviewed by detectives.
A weapon was not recovered, but police continued to search for one.
A photograph of the suspect was not released in anticipation of a photo lineup to be conducted with witnesses.
Anyone that can provide additional information was asked to contact the Garden Grove Police Department at (714) 741-5800. Investigators would like to talk with the person that rendered aid to the victims.
shooting, arrest, gang activity, orange county news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 12 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10