Orange County News
Baby hurt in fall from OC hospital parking structure
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- An infant boy fell at least two stories from an Orange County hospital parking structure on Monday, and police said they suspect it was not an accident.
Authorities said the one-to three-month-old couldn't have gotten over the ledge on his own, which makes the circumstances suspicious.
He said a witness called 911 after seeing the baby drop from the second or fourth floor of the Children's Hospital Orange County garage.
The boy suffered critical injuries and was rushed to a trauma center at UC Irvine Medical Center for treatment.
Police had no information on the baby's identity or that of his parents. It was unclear whether the baby had been treated at the children's hospital.
Detectives were reviewing surveillance video to determine what happened and locked down the garage to search for evidence.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Orange Police Department at (714) 744-7444.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)