Orange County News
Baby hurt in fall from OC hospital parking structure
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- An infant boy fell at least two stories from an Orange County hospital parking structure on Monday, and police said they suspect it was not an accident.
Authorities said the one-to three-month-old couldn't have gotten over the ledge on his own, which makes the circumstances suspicious.
He said a witness called 911 after seeing the baby drop from the second or fourth floor of the Children's Hospital Orange County garage.
The boy suffered critical injuries and was rushed to a trauma center at UC Irvine Medical Center for treatment.
Police had no information on the baby's identity or that of his parents. It was unclear whether the baby had been treated at the children's hospital.
Detectives were reviewing surveillance video to determine what happened and locked down the garage to search for evidence.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Orange Police Department at (714) 744-7444.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 8 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 58 min ago
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught 33 min ago
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Recycling used water in Orange County
55 min ago