Orange County News
DMV worker allegedly takes bribes for permits
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Department of Motor Vehicles worker was arrested for allegedly taking bribes to illegally issue driver's permits.
Prosecutors say Michelle Carbajal, 37, Fullerton, accepted $23,000 from 12 different people to alter their records showing they passed the written and driving tests. She then issued them permits.
The permits included qualifying them to drive big-rigs and other commercial vehicles.
Carbajal faces up to 22 years in prison if she's convicted.
fraud, orange county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis