Orange County News
DMV worker allegedly takes bribes for permits
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Department of Motor Vehicles worker was arrested for allegedly taking bribes to illegally issue driver's permits.
Prosecutors say Michelle Carbajal, 37, Fullerton, accepted $23,000 from 12 different people to alter their records showing they passed the written and driving tests. She then issued them permits.
The permits included qualifying them to drive big-rigs and other commercial vehicles.
Carbajal faces up to 22 years in prison if she's convicted.
fraud, orange county news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 12 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert