Orange County News
Accused mother in baby death unfit for court
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A La Habra woman accused of throwing her baby off a hospital parking garage was deemed unfit to go to court on Thursday.
Sonia Hermosillo, 31, has been placed on medical hold. She is expected to be in court for an arraignment hearing on Monday.
Prosecutors amended the criminal complaint from attempted murder to murder on Wednesday after her 7-month-old boy died.
Her husband says Hermosillo suffered from postpartum depression and couldn't accept her son's medical condition.
If convicted, she faces up to 25 years to life in prison.
arrest, orange county news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured 4 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million 50 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments