Orange County News
Accused mother in baby death unfit for court
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A La Habra woman accused of throwing her baby off a hospital parking garage was deemed unfit to go to court on Thursday.
Sonia Hermosillo, 31, has been placed on medical hold. She is expected to be in court for an arraignment hearing on Monday.
Prosecutors amended the criminal complaint from attempted murder to murder on Wednesday after her 7-month-old boy died.
Her husband says Hermosillo suffered from postpartum depression and couldn't accept her son's medical condition.
If convicted, she faces up to 25 years to life in prison.
arrest, orange county news
- UK theater collapse: 20-40 injuries reported 6 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 52 min ago