Orange County News
Accused mother in baby death unfit for court
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A La Habra woman accused of throwing her baby off a hospital parking garage was deemed unfit to go to court on Thursday.
Sonia Hermosillo, 31, has been placed on medical hold. She is expected to be in court for an arraignment hearing on Monday.
Prosecutors amended the criminal complaint from attempted murder to murder on Wednesday after her 7-month-old boy died.
Her husband says Hermosillo suffered from postpartum depression and couldn't accept her son's medical condition.
If convicted, she faces up to 25 years to life in prison.
arrest, orange county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)