Orange County News
Judge clears way for sale of Crystal Cathedral
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A judge cleared the way Wednesday for the sale of the Crystal Cathedral property, which is struggling financially.
Unless church members can come up with $50 million owed to creditors, the mega church in Garden Grove could be sold either to the Orange County Roman Catholic Diocese, Chapman University or a third buyer.
Offers range from $47 million to more than $53 million.
The court set a timeline for creditors to approve the sale plan and pick a buyer for the financially-distressed church.
finance, orange county news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 42 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls 31 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts