Orange County News
Judge clears way for sale of Crystal Cathedral
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A judge cleared the way Wednesday for the sale of the Crystal Cathedral property, which is struggling financially.
Unless church members can come up with $50 million owed to creditors, the mega church in Garden Grove could be sold either to the Orange County Roman Catholic Diocese, Chapman University or a third buyer.
Offers range from $47 million to more than $53 million.
The court set a timeline for creditors to approve the sale plan and pick a buyer for the financially-distressed church.
finance, orange county news
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 57 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign 1 min ago
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Beach Report Card rates Calif. water quality
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'