Orange County News
Judge clears way for sale of Crystal Cathedral
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A judge cleared the way Wednesday for the sale of the Crystal Cathedral property, which is struggling financially.
Unless church members can come up with $50 million owed to creditors, the mega church in Garden Grove could be sold either to the Orange County Roman Catholic Diocese, Chapman University or a third buyer.
Offers range from $47 million to more than $53 million.
The court set a timeline for creditors to approve the sale plan and pick a buyer for the financially-distressed church.
finance, orange county news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 22 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 51 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 58 min ago