Orange County News
Judge clears way for sale of Crystal Cathedral
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- A judge cleared the way Wednesday for the sale of the Crystal Cathedral property, which is struggling financially.
Unless church members can come up with $50 million owed to creditors, the mega church in Garden Grove could be sold either to the Orange County Roman Catholic Diocese, Chapman University or a third buyer.
Offers range from $47 million to more than $53 million.
The court set a timeline for creditors to approve the sale plan and pick a buyer for the financially-distressed church.
finance, orange county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 22 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 46 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon 32 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...