Orange County News
Dana Point soldier killed in Afghanistan
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- A soldier from Dana Point, Calif., was reported killed in Afghanistan Monday.
The U.S. Department of Defense announced Sgt. Tyler N. Holtz, 22, died from wounds sustained in a small-arms attack on his unit by insurgents on Saturday.
Holtz was serving in the Wardak province of Afghanistan.
Holtz was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment out of Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
afghanistan war, orange county news
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- San Clemente HS lockdown lifted after threat
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss 19 min ago
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease 31 min ago
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- Hot yoga: Hazardous for your health?
23 min ago