Orange County News
Dana Point soldier killed in Afghanistan
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- A soldier from Dana Point, Calif., was reported killed in Afghanistan Monday.
The U.S. Department of Defense announced Sgt. Tyler N. Holtz, 22, died from wounds sustained in a small-arms attack on his unit by insurgents on Saturday.
Holtz was serving in the Wardak province of Afghanistan.
Holtz was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment out of Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
afghanistan war, orange county news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking 45 min ago
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries 40 min ago
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured 28 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill