Orange County News
Mom charged in baby death did not enter plea
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A mother accused of killing her disabled infant by throwing him from a hospital parking structure was ordered to undergo psychological evaluation on Friday.
Sonia Hermosillo was to have entered a plea on charges of murder and felony child abuse.
Instead, a court commissioner assigned two psychologists after her attorney said he believes she's unable to assist in her defense.
The doctors will report on her mental health at a competency hearing Nov. 18.
arrest, legal, homicide investigation, orange county news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back 16 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book