Orange County News
Mom charged in baby death did not enter plea
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A mother accused of killing her disabled infant by throwing him from a hospital parking structure was ordered to undergo psychological evaluation on Friday.
Sonia Hermosillo was to have entered a plea on charges of murder and felony child abuse.
Instead, a court commissioner assigned two psychologists after her attorney said he believes she's unable to assist in her defense.
The doctors will report on her mental health at a competency hearing Nov. 18.
arrest, legal, homicide investigation, orange county news
- I-5 through Grapevine reopens w/ CHP escorts 39 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed in OC crash; alcohol, speed involved
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road 15 min ago
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Oxnard home, vehicle hit by multiple gunshots
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Mystery donor gives $50K to MO Salvation Army
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?