Orange County News
OC man arrested for vandalizing Santa Ana businesses
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 20-year-old Orange County man was arrested after being accused of vandalizing several Santa Ana businesses.
Raul Moreno of Santa Ana was arrested thanks to surveillance video.
Police said the footage shows Moreno walking along the north sidewalk of 4th Street in September and engraving the moniker of his tagging crew into the windows of five businesses.
"This is our business district. These are all plate glass windows. That one specific night that the video is referencing is in excess of $15,000 in damage," said Santa Ana Police Department Corp. Anthony Bertagna.
Since the graffiti can't be cleaned up, police want Moreno to write the businesses an apology.
Authorities teamed up with school police, who then used social media to identify Moreno.
Official say Moreno has been linked to numerous other crimes.
vandalism, arrest, orange county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 35 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
20 min ago