Orange County News
OC man arrested for vandalizing Santa Ana businesses
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 20-year-old Orange County man was arrested after being accused of vandalizing several Santa Ana businesses.
Raul Moreno of Santa Ana was arrested thanks to surveillance video.
Police said the footage shows Moreno walking along the north sidewalk of 4th Street in September and engraving the moniker of his tagging crew into the windows of five businesses.
"This is our business district. These are all plate glass windows. That one specific night that the video is referencing is in excess of $15,000 in damage," said Santa Ana Police Department Corp. Anthony Bertagna.
Since the graffiti can't be cleaned up, police want Moreno to write the businesses an apology.
Authorities teamed up with school police, who then used social media to identify Moreno.
Official say Moreno has been linked to numerous other crimes.
vandalism, arrest, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash 2 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 15 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Malibu whales caught on drone camera
50 min ago