Orange County News
OC man arrested for vandalizing Santa Ana businesses
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 20-year-old Orange County man was arrested after being accused of vandalizing several Santa Ana businesses.
Raul Moreno of Santa Ana was arrested thanks to surveillance video.
Police said the footage shows Moreno walking along the north sidewalk of 4th Street in September and engraving the moniker of his tagging crew into the windows of five businesses.
"This is our business district. These are all plate glass windows. That one specific night that the video is referencing is in excess of $15,000 in damage," said Santa Ana Police Department Corp. Anthony Bertagna.
Since the graffiti can't be cleaned up, police want Moreno to write the businesses an apology.
Authorities teamed up with school police, who then used social media to identify Moreno.
Official say Moreno has been linked to numerous other crimes.
vandalism, arrest, orange county news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)