Orange County News
Gang members arrested for using OC elderly man's home as HQ
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A group of people have been arrested after allegedly taking over a disabled veteran's apartment in Santa Ana.
Police said six men and two underage girls forced their way into the 62-year-old's apartment on the 3300 block of West Camile Street and started using it as a gang headquarters.
Authorities checked on the victim after he told an acquaintance he was afraid to leave his home.
The six men were identified as: Andrew Perez, 19; Robert Figueroa, 40; Edgar Perez, 25; Anthony De La Cruz, 18; Steven Quirino, 20; Curt Rodriguez, 18.
The identities of the two juveniles, 16 and 17 years old, were not released. One of the minors was sent to juvenile hall and the other was released to her parents.
All eight suspects were charged with false imprisonment and elder abuse.
gang activity, arrest, orange county news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash 30 min ago
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s 30 min ago
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Two smart watch models put to the test
10 min ago