Orange County News
Family files lawsuit against OC salon shooting suspect
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Family members of one of the women killed in the Seal Beach salon rampage filed a wrongful death lawsuit Friday against the suspect.
Michelle Fournier's parents are suing for monetary damages on behalf of themselves and her 8-year-old son.
Prosecutors believe a contentious custody battle between Fournier and Dekraai over the child is the motive behind the shooting.
Scott Dekraai, 42, is accused of fatally shooting his ex-wife, Michelle Fournier, and seven other people last month. A ninth person was wounded in the shooting, but survived.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, court case, orange county news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills 16 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA hospital
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 38 min ago
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
49 min ago