Orange County News
Money raised for Seal Beach victims distributed to families
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Money raised to help victims of the Seal Beach shooting massacre is already being given to their families.
On Tuesday, $150,000 from a special trust fund was distributed. Another round of payments is expected in January.
Several events have been held since the October shooting at Salon Meritage, which killed eight people.
Meantime, a second family is suing the accused gunman. The family of Christy Lynn Wilson filed a civil suit Monday against Scott Dekraai.
They're seeking compensation for the loss of a wife and mother.
Wilson was murdered as her coworker, Michelle Fournier, styled her hair. Fournier's parents filed a wrongful death suit against Dekraai last week.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, court case, orange county news
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans 1 min ago
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Hesperia house fire started in gas fireplace
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Mary Barra becomes 1st female CEO of GM
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- How healthy is flavoring up your water?
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman Trophy 18 min ago
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus is MTV's Artist of the Year 38 min ago