Orange County News
Money raised for Seal Beach victims distributed to families
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Money raised to help victims of the Seal Beach shooting massacre is already being given to their families.
On Tuesday, $150,000 from a special trust fund was distributed. Another round of payments is expected in January.
Several events have been held since the October shooting at Salon Meritage, which killed eight people.
Meantime, a second family is suing the accused gunman. The family of Christy Lynn Wilson filed a civil suit Monday against Scott Dekraai.
They're seeking compensation for the loss of a wife and mother.
Wilson was murdered as her coworker, Michelle Fournier, styled her hair. Fournier's parents filed a wrongful death suit against Dekraai last week.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, court case, orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 29 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison 40 min ago
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 4 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 48 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks 13 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break