Orange County News
$5K reward offered to find Reagan statue vandals
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The city of Newport Beach is offering a $5,000 reward to find those responsible for vandalizing a statue of former President Ronald Reagan.
The life-size bronze statue was nearly ripped from its platform at Bonita Canyon Sports Park on Sunday.
Officers said the vandal, or vandals, used a rope or chain attached to a pickup truck to pull the $60,000 statue down.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at (949) 644-3772.
vandalism, orange county news
- London attack victim was a serving soldier
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest 28 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days 42 min ago
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Teen birth rate: Nearly all states see drop
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised