Orange County News
$5K reward offered to find Reagan statue vandals
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The city of Newport Beach is offering a $5,000 reward to find those responsible for vandalizing a statue of former President Ronald Reagan.
The life-size bronze statue was nearly ripped from its platform at Bonita Canyon Sports Park on Sunday.
Officers said the vandal, or vandals, used a rope or chain attached to a pickup truck to pull the $60,000 statue down.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at (949) 644-3772.
vandalism, orange county news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 37 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 50 min ago
- Small plane lands on NB 241 toll road in OC 5 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis