Orange County News
Crooks try to rob Anaheim check-cash business
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for suspects who police say broke into a check-cashing business on Brookhurst Street and Lincoln Avenue in Anaheim.
Police said the men cut a hole in the roof of the Speedy Cash check-cashing business and made their way inside around 7:30 a.m. Saturday.
Employees were inside the shop at the time and ran out of the building.
The suspects fled through the back door and drove away in a dark SUV.
Investigators said this may not be the first time these men have tried to rob an Anaheim business.
"Several months ago near Beach and Ball Road, there was another robbery in which the method of entry is very similar. Our officers are here investigating possible connections if any at this time," said Anaheim Police Department Sgt. Bob Dunn.
Investigators said the check-cashing business was not robbed, but one employee claims her purse is missing.
robbery, stupid criminals, orange county news
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 51 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders 27 min ago
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed 13 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts