Orange County News
Crooks try to rob Anaheim check-cash business
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for suspects who police say broke into a check-cashing business on Brookhurst Street and Lincoln Avenue in Anaheim.
Police said the men cut a hole in the roof of the Speedy Cash check-cashing business and made their way inside around 7:30 a.m. Saturday.
Employees were inside the shop at the time and ran out of the building.
The suspects fled through the back door and drove away in a dark SUV.
Investigators said this may not be the first time these men have tried to rob an Anaheim business.
"Several months ago near Beach and Ball Road, there was another robbery in which the method of entry is very similar. Our officers are here investigating possible connections if any at this time," said Anaheim Police Department Sgt. Bob Dunn.
Investigators said the check-cashing business was not robbed, but one employee claims her purse is missing.
robbery, stupid criminals, orange county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 35 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
40 min ago