Orange County News
Crooks try to rob Anaheim check-cash business
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for suspects who police say broke into a check-cashing business on Brookhurst Street and Lincoln Avenue in Anaheim.
Police said the men cut a hole in the roof of the Speedy Cash check-cashing business and made their way inside around 7:30 a.m. Saturday.
Employees were inside the shop at the time and ran out of the building.
The suspects fled through the back door and drove away in a dark SUV.
Investigators said this may not be the first time these men have tried to rob an Anaheim business.
"Several months ago near Beach and Ball Road, there was another robbery in which the method of entry is very similar. Our officers are here investigating possible connections if any at this time," said Anaheim Police Department Sgt. Bob Dunn.
Investigators said the check-cashing business was not robbed, but one employee claims her purse is missing.
robbery, stupid criminals, orange county news
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 58 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians