Orange County News
OC salon shooting suspect pleads not guilty
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The man accused of going on a shooting rampage at a Seal Beach salon pleaded not guilty on Tuesday.
The attorney for Scott Dekraai, 42, entered the plea on his behalf in a Santa Ana courtroom.
Prosecutors say Dekraai shot and killed his ex-wife and seven others at Salon Meritage in Seal Beach in October. One other victim was wounded.
"Our position is he was absolutely not insane at the time he committed this crime, and we will be proving that in court," said prosecutor Scott Simmons.
Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.
Dekraai was involved in a custody dispute with his ex-wife over their 8-year-old son. A pre-trial hearing is set for April.
Dekraai is held without bail
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, court case, orange county news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots 9 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 34 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report