Orange County News
Northbound lane to be added on 57 Freeway in Anaheim
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Caltrans and the Orange County Transportation Authority on Wednesday announced the start of a new lane on the northbound 57 Freeway, designed to improve traffic congestion.
The $45 million project is the second segment in a series of construction projects along the freeway.
It will add a three-mile-long northbound lane from Katella to Lincoln avenues in Anaheim.
Construction on the first segment began in January between Orangethorpe Avenue and Lambert Road and is 30-percent completed.
construction, orange county news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 32 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 20 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis