Orange County News
Seal Beach salon shooting victim has off-road memorial
REDLANDS, Calif. (KABC) -- An Eyewitness News exclusive: An off-road memorial was held for one of the victims of the October shooting massacre at Salon Meritage in Seal Beach.
On Saturday, dozens of riders embarked on a trip from Redlands to Big Bear to honor the memory of David Caouette, who was an avid off-roader.
Caouette was shot and killed while sitting in his vehicle outside the salon.
"He was happy, he was friendly, he was in charge but in a way that made everybody feel comfortable, just one of the good guys," said friend Jim Biram.
"Everybody felt safe with my dad," said Caouette's son Paul. "You were always taken care of." He went on to say that the memorial drive meant a lot to his family, and that it especially would have meant a lot of his father.
"Family meant a lot to my dad, and this is an extension of his family," said Caouette's son Paul.
The Caouette family set up a memorial fund for donations:
David Caouette Memorial Fund
C/O Long Beach Police Officers Association
2865 Temple Avenue
Signal Hill, Ca 90755-2212
If you'd like to donate to all the families, you can mail checks or money orders to:
"Salon Meritage Memorial Fund
419 31st Street "A"
Newport Beach, California 92663
You can also make donations online.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, court case, orange county news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees