Orange County News
Disneyland cancels fireworks show for 6th night
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- As Disneyland continues to evaluate the safety of its holiday fireworks show, the nightly display was canceled on Wednesday night.
It was the sixth time in the past week that the show was canceled because of technical issues.
Last Thursday, an employee suffered possible ear damage when a shell exploded near the ground. Since then, officials have been looking at the system daily to decide whether the show can continue.
The cancellation of the fireworks show didn't stop crowds. The theme park was so packed on Wednesday that it temporarily stopped selling tickets until people cleared out.
A Disneyland spokesman said ticket sales were suspended from about 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Visitors were accommodated at Disney California Adventure.
The park was back to normal operations on Thursday.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
disney theme park, orange county news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured 2 min ago
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill