Orange County News
Diesel fuel spills in Huntington Harbour
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- About five gallons of diesel fuel spilled in in Huntington Harbour, authorities said on Thursday morning.
The spill was reported at about 11 p.m. Wednesday. Coast Guard and Fish and Game officials determined the spill to be minor, and they decided to let the sun evaporate it.
A boom was placed to contain the heaviest part of the spill
The source of the spill is unknown.
"It doesn't appear to be coming from any of the boats that are currently docked in any of the slips here, so they believe it was a boat that came and went," said Jeff Lopez of the Huntington Beach Fire Department.
Officials from the Department of Fish and Game said there doesn't appear to be any threat to wildlife in the area.
Nearby residents were told to close their windows and stay inside if they smell a foul odor.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the Huntington Beach Fire Department at (714) 536-5411.
oil spill, beach, orange county news
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys 56 min ago
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 1 min ago
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent 59 min ago
- Citibank in Tarzana robbed; suspects get away
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk 25 min ago
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa 27 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water 18 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'