Orange County News
Diesel fuel spills in Huntington Harbour
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- About five gallons of diesel fuel spilled in in Huntington Harbour, authorities said on Thursday morning.
The spill was reported at about 11 p.m. Wednesday. Coast Guard and Fish and Game officials determined the spill to be minor, and they decided to let the sun evaporate it.
A boom was placed to contain the heaviest part of the spill
The source of the spill is unknown.
"It doesn't appear to be coming from any of the boats that are currently docked in any of the slips here, so they believe it was a boat that came and went," said Jeff Lopez of the Huntington Beach Fire Department.
Officials from the Department of Fish and Game said there doesn't appear to be any threat to wildlife in the area.
Nearby residents were told to close their windows and stay inside if they smell a foul odor.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the Huntington Beach Fire Department at (714) 536-5411.
oil spill, beach, orange county news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology 50 min ago
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut