Orange County News
Diesel fuel spills in Huntington Harbour
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- About five gallons of diesel fuel spilled in in Huntington Harbour, authorities said on Thursday morning.
The spill was reported at about 11 p.m. Wednesday. Coast Guard and Fish and Game officials determined the spill to be minor, and they decided to let the sun evaporate it.
A boom was placed to contain the heaviest part of the spill
The source of the spill is unknown.
"It doesn't appear to be coming from any of the boats that are currently docked in any of the slips here, so they believe it was a boat that came and went," said Jeff Lopez of the Huntington Beach Fire Department.
Officials from the Department of Fish and Game said there doesn't appear to be any threat to wildlife in the area.
Nearby residents were told to close their windows and stay inside if they smell a foul odor.
Anyone with information was asked to contact the Huntington Beach Fire Department at (714) 536-5411.
oil spill, beach, orange county news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 10 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge 36 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 30 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker