Orange County News
Richard Nixon library celebrates late president's birth
YORBA LINDA, Calif. (KABC) -- There was a special celebration on Monday at the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and museum in Yorba Linda to mark the 99th anniversary of the late president's birth.
A wreath, sent from President Barack Obama, was placed at the memorial by a Navy official at 11:30 a.m.; Nixon served on active duty with the Navy during World War II.
Nixon is the only U.S. president born in California and the only one ever to resign from office.
Free admission to the library was offered all day. Hours of operation are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City News Service contributed to this story.
orange county news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 19 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 46 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 8 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 12 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 14 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
48 min ago