Orange County News
Housing project for disadvantaged opens in Huntington Beach
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A six-unit affordable housing project for the homeless and disadvantaged opened its doors in Huntington Beach on Friday.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held for the Pacific Sun apartments, built to provide temporary and permanent housing.
Clients will include the homeless, single women and single mothers with children.
The Colette's Children's Home organization spearheaded the project, which was paid for with federal funds with support from the Huntington Beach Redevelopment Agency.
orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 8 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 18 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt 59 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 30 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis