Orange County News
Seal Beach shooting suspect pleads not guilty
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Scott Dekraai, the man accused in a deadly salon shooting in Seal Beach, faced murder charges in a Santa Ana courtroom Wednesday the day after he was indicted by a grand jury. He pleaded not guilty.
Prosecutors say Huntington Beach resident Dekraai, 42, opened fire in Salon Meritage on October 12, killing seven people, including his ex-wife, and an eighth outside the building.
Dekraai and ex-wife Michelle Fournier were in a bitter custody battle. Dekraai is being held without bail.
Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, court case, orange county news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought 12 min ago
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut