Orange County News
Seal Beach shooting suspect pleads not guilty
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Scott Dekraai, the man accused in a deadly salon shooting in Seal Beach, faced murder charges in a Santa Ana courtroom Wednesday the day after he was indicted by a grand jury. He pleaded not guilty.
Prosecutors say Huntington Beach resident Dekraai, 42, opened fire in Salon Meritage on October 12, killing seven people, including his ex-wife, and an eighth outside the building.
Dekraai and ex-wife Michelle Fournier were in a bitter custody battle. Dekraai is being held without bail.
Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.
shooting, homicide investigation, murder, court case, orange county news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 1 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video