Orange County News
Garden Grove halts medical marijuana clinic registration
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- The city of Garden Grove has halted the registration process for medical marijuana dispensaries because of unresolved legal issues in another local city and at the federal level.
"Moving forward would be like stepping into a mine field, and we just won't take that risk," said Garden Grove City Councilman Bruce A. Broadwater. "And just to set the record straight, we are not, nor have we ever been, a marijuana-friendly city."
Broadwater cited an ongoing case that will determine whether the city of Long Beach is violating federal law by regulating medical marijuana clinics. Federal officials have also warned they will crack down on pot vendors in California.
Garden Grove Mayor Bill Dalton said the city is interested in partnering with the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Attorney General's office to reach a "lawful and fair solution" for medical marijuana dispensaries operation.
medical marijuana, marijuana, marijuana clinic, orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video