Orange County News
Fullerton recall effort over Kelly Thomas death proceeds
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- More fallout from the Kelly Thomas case, as a drive to recall three Fullerton City Council members has cleared a major hurdle.
Organizers say they've collected more than enough signatures to stage an election to try to recall those council members.
Activists say the trio showed a lack of leadership amid demands for an investigation of Thomas's death.
Kelly Thomas was a mentally ill homeless man who died following a violent confrontation with Fullerton police.
One officer has been charged with second-degree murder; another with involuntary manslaughter.
orange county news
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 15 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies 27 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution 7 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler