Orange County News
Fullerton recall effort over Kelly Thomas death proceeds
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- More fallout from the Kelly Thomas case, as a drive to recall three Fullerton City Council members has cleared a major hurdle.
Organizers say they've collected more than enough signatures to stage an election to try to recall those council members.
Activists say the trio showed a lack of leadership amid demands for an investigation of Thomas's death.
Kelly Thomas was a mentally ill homeless man who died following a violent confrontation with Fullerton police.
One officer has been charged with second-degree murder; another with involuntary manslaughter.
orange county news
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 9 min ago
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Kings beat Sharks 3-0, take series lead 3-2
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 14 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews