Orange County News
Fullerton recall effort over Kelly Thomas death proceeds
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- More fallout from the Kelly Thomas case, as a drive to recall three Fullerton City Council members has cleared a major hurdle.
Organizers say they've collected more than enough signatures to stage an election to try to recall those council members.
Activists say the trio showed a lack of leadership amid demands for an investigation of Thomas's death.
Kelly Thomas was a mentally ill homeless man who died following a violent confrontation with Fullerton police.
One officer has been charged with second-degree murder; another with involuntary manslaughter.
orange county news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 48 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 39 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 44 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
37 min ago