Orange County News
Fullerton recall effort over Kelly Thomas death proceeds
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- More fallout from the Kelly Thomas case, as a drive to recall three Fullerton City Council members has cleared a major hurdle.
Organizers say they've collected more than enough signatures to stage an election to try to recall those council members.
Activists say the trio showed a lack of leadership amid demands for an investigation of Thomas's death.
Kelly Thomas was a mentally ill homeless man who died following a violent confrontation with Fullerton police.
One officer has been charged with second-degree murder; another with involuntary manslaughter.
orange county news
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 38 min ago
- Protestors commemorate Armenian Genocide 58 min ago
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed