Orange County News
Man arrested for ramming SUV into building, leaving suspicious package
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The man authorities said smashed his SUV into a county building in Orange and left behind a suspicious package is in custody.
Police said Jesus Torres rammed into the building around 7:30 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of North Eckhoff Street.
Investigators said the suspect drove into the front of the Orange County Social Services building, breaking the glass doors. He then left a package containing mineral oil and drove off.
Fifty employees inside the building were not hurt.
Torres hit another building that same night, according to investigators.
A witness wrote down the license plate number and called 911. Officers found Torres at his home in Orange and arrested him.
car crash, suspicious object, orange county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 29 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 5 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 31 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes 50 min ago
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...