Orange County News
International rapist gets 61 years to life
LOS ANGELES -- An international serial rapist has been sentenced to 61 years to life in prison for sexually assaulting three women in Orange County and San Diego County.
Ali Achekzai was identified after Interpol performed a DNA match.
Achekzai raped the women in separate incidents in 2002 and in 2004 and then fled the country. The 34-year-old was arrested in 2009 in Austria for rape.
Evidence from that case allowed Interpol to match his DNA with the California cases.
sentencing, orange county news
- Video released in attack of transgender woman 23 min ago
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 14 min ago
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director 3 min ago
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7 6 min ago
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy