Orange County News
OC texting driver released on bail after fatal crash
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver accused of being distracted by texting before triggering a deadly crash in Orange County is out of jail on Saturday.
Jorene Nicolas, 29, made her first court appearance on Friday and was released on $100,000 bail Saturday morning.
Prosecutors said she was traveling 80 mph on the I-405 in Huntington Beach last April when she slammed into a car, killing a 23-year-old woman.
Nicolas will be formally arraigned on Monday.
arrest, orange county news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 8 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 38 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- Boy w/ heart problem learns via Skype
6 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
11 min ago