Orange County News
OC texting driver released on bail after fatal crash
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (KABC) -- A driver accused of being distracted by texting before triggering a deadly crash in Orange County is out of jail on Saturday.
Jorene Nicolas, 29, made her first court appearance on Friday and was released on $100,000 bail Saturday morning.
Prosecutors said she was traveling 80 mph on the I-405 in Huntington Beach last April when she slammed into a car, killing a 23-year-old woman.
Nicolas will be formally arraigned on Monday.
arrest, orange county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 37 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 16 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 5 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 54 min ago
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...