Orange County News
Newport couple sentenced for illegal squatting
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A husband and wife have been sentenced for conspiring to illegally occupy homes under foreclosure.
In a deal with the District Attorney, Chris Duncan, 43, and Robin Duncan, 37, of Newport Beach pleaded guilty to reduced charges.
Prosecutors say Chris Duncan hired a private investigator to locate Orange County properties that were vacant and in foreclosure. The pair then drafted a fake lease, broke into a vacant home and moved in illegally.
The Duncans were each sentenced to three years of informal probation, credit for time served for eight days in jail and restitution. The amount will be determined at a later date.
sentencing, orange county news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy