Orange County News
Not-guilty plea in OC severed penis case
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Garden Grove woman pleaded not guilty Friday to torture and aggravated mayhem for cutting off her estranged husband's penis.
Prosecutors say Catherine Kieu drugged her husband following an argument in July 2011 after he had recently filed for divorce. She then cut off his penis and tossed it down a garbage disposal.
She was indicted last month by a grand jury.
Kieu's next court date is Feb. 24. If convicted, she faces a possible life sentence.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car 3 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead 11 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis