Orange County News
Teen girl critically injured in hit-run collision; driver sought
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Santa Ana Police are searching for a hit-and-run driver that struck a teen girl in a crosswalk and fled the scene Monday afternoon.
A 13-year-old girl was reportedly riding her bicycle north on Greenville Street across Warner Avenue at 7 p.m. Monday when an unknown vehicle traveling west on Warner struck the girl, according to police.
The girl was injured severely. Drivers stopped to help the girl. She was hospitalized in critical condition. Police say she was riding in the crosswalk when she was struck.
She suffered broken bones in her right leg and severe injuries to her face, according to her father. She was unable to give a description of the vehicle.
The vehicle fled the scene. The cause of the collision was under investigation, according to police.
"We don't have any information on the suspect vehicle at this time," said Santa Ana Police Cpl. Anthony Bertagna. "He left the scene without stopping."
Police are seeking witnesses to the incident. Anyone with information related to the case should contact the Santa Ana Police Traffic Division at (714) 245-8214.
hit and run, orange county news, eileen frere
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require Tap Card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90 13 min ago
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy