Orange County News
Help rename Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange is renaming the Crystal Cathedral, and it's asking for the public's help.
The diocese purchased the iconic church last week. Bishop Tod Brown is looking for suggestions for a new name for the building.
"It is our goal to make the new cathedral a gathering place for Catholics and other people of faith. By asking for naming suggestions we begin the process of connecting this wonderful structure and its future to our faith and the larger community," Bishop Brown said.
The diocese asks that any suggested name refer to Christ or to his activities as illustrated by the gospels.
The deadline for suggestions is Feb. 20.
orange county news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 57 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 27 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future