Orange County News
Help rename Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange is renaming the Crystal Cathedral, and it's asking for the public's help.
The diocese purchased the iconic church last week. Bishop Tod Brown is looking for suggestions for a new name for the building.
"It is our goal to make the new cathedral a gathering place for Catholics and other people of faith. By asking for naming suggestions we begin the process of connecting this wonderful structure and its future to our faith and the larger community," Bishop Brown said.
The diocese asks that any suggested name refer to Christ or to his activities as illustrated by the gospels.
The deadline for suggestions is Feb. 20.
orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 58 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 21 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 39 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video