Orange County News
Help rename Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange is renaming the Crystal Cathedral, and it's asking for the public's help.
The diocese purchased the iconic church last week. Bishop Tod Brown is looking for suggestions for a new name for the building.
"It is our goal to make the new cathedral a gathering place for Catholics and other people of faith. By asking for naming suggestions we begin the process of connecting this wonderful structure and its future to our faith and the larger community," Bishop Brown said.
The diocese asks that any suggested name refer to Christ or to his activities as illustrated by the gospels.
The deadline for suggestions is Feb. 20.
orange county news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved 20 min ago
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial 33 min ago
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite 15 min ago
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing 24 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Expansions for women in combat to be announced
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- Justin Bieber cleared in crash investigation
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan