Orange County News
Fullerton police worker accused of stealing from department
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman who worked as a civilian employee for Fullerton police was arrested, accused of stealing from the department.
Fullerton police say 52-year-old April Baughman has been stealing cash from the department's property room for the past two years.
She was arrested while at work on Thursday after one of her co-workers discovered a discrepancy in cash at the office and alerted supervisors.
Baughman, who has worked at the department for 22 years, was taken to Orange County Jail where she was booked.
City News Service contributed to this report.
arrest, orange county news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 59 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 32 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 38 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 40 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks