Orange County News
LAPD cop accused of stealing from hotel pleads not guilty
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A veteran Los Angeles police officer accused of stealing money and other items from a luxury hotel in Orange County has pleaded not guilty.
Jeffry Paul Quinton, 48, was arraigned Wednesday in a Newport Beach courtroom on charges of felony grand theft and commercial burglary.
Quinton, a 21-year veteran of the Los Angeles Police Department, worked a second job as a security guard at the Surf and Sand Resort in Laguna Beach. Investigators say he took money from a guest and the hotel's safety deposit box, among other items.
Quinton is out on 20,000 bail. His next court appearance was scheduled for April 27.
arrest, lapd, orange county news
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend 56 min ago
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii 15 min ago
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Young patients travel from LA to 'North Pole'
40 min ago