Orange County News
Man arrested for assaulting, kidnapping ex's boyfriend
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 34-year-old man was arrested on Thursday night for allegedly assaulting his ex-wife's boyfriend and kidnapping him.
Authorities say the victim was at his apartment in the 3000 block of Fillmore Avenue, where he lives with his girlfriend and the former couple's children, when Carmen Mendez-Silva arrived with another suspect and confronted him.
The victim was beaten with a pipe, bat or similar object, and then bound and repeatedly threatened with more physical harm if he didn't move out and stay away from Silva's ex-wife and children.
Police say Silva put the victim in the trunk of his vehicle, drove him to Huntington Beach and took his money before leaving the scene.
Silva had also allegedly called his ex-wife and threatened to kill her if she did not come back to him. She called police again on Thursday night to report that he was in the area of her apartment. Police responded, but Silva had fled by the time officers arrived.
After searching all day for him, Silva was arrested in the area of Raitt Street and Edinger Avenue in Santa Ana. He was booked for kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, battery resulting in serious injuries and burglary.
Silva was being held without bail due to a federal immigration hold. The second suspect remained at-large.
arrest, kidnap, burglary, orange county news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 19 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom 24 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)