Orange County News
Tribute held for tot killed in hit-run crash
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A tribute was held Friday for a 3-year-old girl who was killed by a hit-and-run driver in Anaheim last month.
The baseball team at Magnolia High School in Anaheim has dedicated this season to Miranda Palacios. They presented team jerseys to Miranda's family members, including her mother, Augi Hernandez.
Hernandez was seriously injured in the accident and is still recovering from a broken back.
"Even though it hurts so much for losing my daughter, it actually makes it feel a little bit better in some way that she actually is still able to touch people."
The school has raised more than $1,000 for Miranda's family.
The hit-and-run suspect is still at large.
hit and run, orange county news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos 1 min ago
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment 21 min ago
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- 'Sexting' case at IE schools nets teen arrest
- Suspect shot, hurt after aiming gun at police
- Crystal Cathedral congregation gets new name 14 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Plane lands on belly after having gear issues
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash 24 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list