Orange County News
OC Good Samaritan returns wallet with $10,000
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A business man who accidentally left a wallet with $10,000 on a bench in Laguna Beach saw his money returned by a Good Samaritan.
The business man had just taken the money out of the bank and was going to use it to pay a contractor for renovation work.
A Good Samaritan found the wallet and gave it to lifeguards, who called police. Everything was still inside the wallet.
"It's nice that someone did the right thing like we'd expect and turn in this money, especially in times like this," said Laguna Beach Police Lt. Jason Kravetz.
Police tracked down the wallet's owner, who had just moved to Orange County from Florida. He said he was extremely shocked that the money was still there and thanked the Good Samaritan for turning it in.
orange county news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 56 min ago
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: Shailene Woodley part cut from 'Spider-Man 2'
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
21 min ago