Orange County News
OC Good Samaritan returns wallet with $10,000
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A business man who accidentally left a wallet with $10,000 on a bench in Laguna Beach saw his money returned by a Good Samaritan.
The business man had just taken the money out of the bank and was going to use it to pay a contractor for renovation work.
A Good Samaritan found the wallet and gave it to lifeguards, who called police. Everything was still inside the wallet.
"It's nice that someone did the right thing like we'd expect and turn in this money, especially in times like this," said Laguna Beach Police Lt. Jason Kravetz.
Police tracked down the wallet's owner, who had just moved to Orange County from Florida. He said he was extremely shocked that the money was still there and thanked the Good Samaritan for turning it in.
orange county news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Blind, autistic piano prodigy inspires others 4 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son