Orange County News
Easter cruising in Santa Ana under watchful eye of police
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Easter night cruise in Santa Ana is an annual tradition that actually lands quite a few people in jail.
Cruiser activity has become common around Bristol Street, 17th Street, Main Street and Edinger Avenue, so police did some cruising of their own to survey the area and crack down on anyone breaking the law.
Police also shut down some lanes of traffic to control the crowds.
By 11 p.m., police had made a handful of arrests. Last year, the event ended up in several arrests, citations handed out and even some vehicles impounded.
Violations ranged from failing to stop at a red light to unlicensed drivers.
orange county news, amy powell
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP 5 min ago
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown 23 min ago
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present