Orange County News
Easter cruising in Santa Ana under watchful eye of police
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Easter night cruise in Santa Ana is an annual tradition that actually lands quite a few people in jail.
Cruiser activity has become common around Bristol Street, 17th Street, Main Street and Edinger Avenue, so police did some cruising of their own to survey the area and crack down on anyone breaking the law.
Police also shut down some lanes of traffic to control the crowds.
By 11 p.m., police had made a handful of arrests. Last year, the event ended up in several arrests, citations handed out and even some vehicles impounded.
Violations ranged from failing to stop at a red light to unlicensed drivers.
orange county news, amy powell
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 14 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 41 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 3 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 7 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 9 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
43 min ago